Who runs this blog?
This blog is run by Fahad Ansari, a London-based solicitor specialising in UK immigration and nationality law.
Read more about me here.
Why did you set up this blog?
To provide advice and assistance on UK immigration matters.
To attempt to humanise immigrants through narrating their stories and struggles.
Read more here.
Is Visa Dreams a law firm?
It is simply a blog providing advice, information and anecdotes based on my experiences as an immigration lawyer.
However, if you wish to formally hire me, please feel free to contact me.
What do others say about you?
You can read comments from some of my previous clients and others I work with here.
Why should I hire you?
- I take on cases that other lawyers have given up on.
- I can think outside the box to try and achieve the best outcome for my clients.
- If I believe winning your case is impossible, I will let you know so you do not waste your money.
- I frequently work around the clock to achieve the best outcome for my clients.
- You will have direct access to me on my mobile number.
Are your services free?
Any information on this blog is completely free.
If you wish to hire me in relation to your immigration matter, you can contact me here for a quote.
The initial telephone consultation is absolutely FREE.
Is legal aid available for my case?
Legal Aid is now only available for the following types of cases:
- Asylum / Humanitarian Protection
- Detention / Bail
- Judicial Review
- Application for leave to remain after a relationship breakdown due to domestic violence
- Victims of Trafficking
- Proceedings before the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC)
- Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures (TPIMs)
You will also need to satisfy the means and merits tests to qualify for Legal Aid for immigration.
The merits test looks at the prospects of your case succeeding and the means test examines whether you satisfy the financial criteria.
Unfortunately, legal aid is no longer available for other immigration applications including entry clearance visas (visit, marriage) or human rights applications made under Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights (right to a family or private life).
How much will it cost me?
Every immigration case is different and the cost will depend on the type of application, the complexity of the case, and the stage of the proceedings.
Where are you based?
Do you take clients from outside of London?
All the time.
I have clients from all parts of the UK including Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester, Coventry, Nottingham and Glasgow.
Do you take clients from outside of the UK?
I regularly takes instructions from clients based abroad who are seeking to enter the UK.
Consultations can be done by telephone, Facetime or Skype.
How do I get an appointment?
How quickly can I get an appointment?
I respond to queries within 24 hours and will aim to book an appointment for you as soon as possible.
Do you visit detained clients?